National Australia Bank
Senior Analyst, Developer
Provide technical advice to a customer-facing application development team with an aim to reduce waste and technical debt and to improve cycle time and best practices. Work closely with product owners and business analysts in order to identify minimum viability and deliver products to market faster.
- Responsible for improving the continuous delivery pipeline via Jenkins
- Delivered the bank's first React project in 5 weeks (Angular version estimated to take 8 weeks)
- Key role in migrating platform components from Angular to React and Redux
Senior UI Developer
Converted key components of the betting application from Ember to React for rendering and Redux for state management. Improved development processes, confidence in delivery through reliable and reproducible testing, and performance of critical components under significant load.
- Integrated new React components and Redux state management in existing Ember UI
- Scaled application to handle hundreds of updates per second from betting APIs
- Used Google Chrome's memory management tools to investigate and eliminate performance bottlenecks
Actively develop internal application which visualizes and manipulates large volume of betting data. This application’s UI interacts with data and persistence servers via XHR (AJAX) and WebSockets. The whole application is written in Ember.js (using Ember CLI).
Web Application & Systems Developer
- Built fast application front-end for enterprise system
- Built and maintained custom reporting interfaces for clients
- Implemented best practices in the development team
- Active development on systems built in Delphi and Cold Fusion
- Delivered projects for several clients (managed in JIRA)
- Responsible for regular database interaction and administration
As part of Monash University’s industry-based learning program, placed in technical team which developed applications in Visual Basic and Microsoft Access for internal use. Designed queries and procedures in SQL Server for facilitating financial transactions.
- Conducted a six-month placement within Oxfam's database team
- Performed regular maintenance on database systems (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Developed software for use by the database team (Microsoft VBA, Microsoft Access)
- Participated in unit testing for production websites