National Australia Bank
Senior Analyst, Developer
Provide technical advice to a customer-facing application development team with an aim to reduce waste and technical debt and to improve cycle time and best practices. Work closely with product owners and business analysts in order to identify minimum viability and deliver products to market faster.
- Responsible for improving the continuous delivery pipeline via Jenkins
- Key role in migrating platform components from Angular 1 to React and Redux
- Strong focus on increasing levels of documentation, test coverage and code quality
Senior UI Developer
Actively develop internal application which visualizes and manipulates large volume of betting data. This application’s UI interacts with data and persistence servers via XHR (AJAX) and WebSockets. The whole application is written in Ember.js (using Ember CLI).
- Used JIRA to track development (following Agile and Scrum practices)
- Travelled interstate to oversee deployments and perform usability testing
- Interviewed and trained several new developers in both tech and business areas
Web Application & Systems Developer
- Built fast application front-end for enterprise system
- Built and maintained custom reporting interfaces for clients
- Implemented best practices in the development team
- Active development on systems built in Delphi and Cold Fusion
- Delivered projects for several clients (managed in JIRA)
- Responsible for regular database interaction and administration
As part of Monash University’s industry-based learning program, placed in technical team which developed applications in Visual Basic and Microsoft Access for internal use. Designed queries and procedures in SQL Server for facilitating financial transactions.
- Conducted a six-month placement within Oxfam's database team
- Performed regular maintenance on database systems (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Developed software for use by the database team (Microsoft VBA, Microsoft Access)
- Participated in unit testing for production websites